The Cathedral Catholic Primary School
|Unlocking potential together in faith and love.
At The Cathedral Catholic Primary School, we celebrate that each person is unique and loved by God. With Christ at the centre of all we do, we strive to unlock each child’s potential to become the person they are created to be. Inspired by St Peter’s example, we are working together to build a community built on love, faith, forgiveness and service.
We are a school where:
- The teachings of Christ and the Church are embedded in every aspect of school life, so that the love of God is proclaimed in all words and actions.
- Prayer and celebration of Sacraments unite us in praising God, deepen our faith and help us to grow to become more like Christ.
- Children are educated with the highest standards of learning and behaviour so every child can unlock their full potential.
- Learning is creative, inspiring, challenging and fun so that a lifelong love for learning is fostered.
- Children are inspired and supported to develop interests and skills both in and outside school.
- Everyone is safe, supported, valued and happy.
- Positive relationships are modelled by all adults. Children are taught how to build positive relationships and how to manage differences peacefully.
- We work collaboratively with families, parish, outside agencies and the wider community to share God’s love with all.
- We share appreciation of the wonders of God’s creation and we work together to look after the world we live in.
Our school is part of St Peter’s Cathedral & St Thomas More parish and The Diocese of Lancaster. Our Bishop is Paul Swarbrick who was installed as the Bishop of Lancaster in April 2018.
“Go, therefore, make disciples of all nations.
And look, I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.”