The Governing Board is an integral part of the leadership of a school, enabling strategic direction, robust accountability, assurance and oversight of the financial and educational performance of the leadership team. Governors work collaboratively with the Headteacher, school staff, Lancaster Diocese and the the Local Education Authority to realise the mission statement.
To meet our governors and find out a bit more about them, click HERE.
The Headteacher is responsible for the day to day management of the school; the Board of Governors has an important strategic oversight in three core areas:
Setting Strategic Direction
• Clarity of vision and Ethos
• Engaging stakeholders
•Ensuring statutory duties are met
• Accountability for teaching, achievement, behaviours and safety
• Strengthening and supporting school leadership
• Performance managing the Headteacher
• Contributing to school self-evaluation
Maintaining Financial Probity
• Enabling financial efficiency
• Monitoring resources and challenging budgets
Each year, the governors are required to prepare a report for parents giving an account of the way they have discharged their duties towards the school. Find this and other relevant documents from our governing body below.